1990 Alfa Romeo 75 QV
Quadrifoglio Verde ‘Potenziata’ 3.0 litre V6
The QV ‘Potenziata’ was the top of the line model introduced in 1989 in the Alfa Romeo 75 range, which was designed by head of Alfa Romeo Centro Stile Ermanno Cressoni, and powered by the very famous Guiseppe Busso designed 3.0lt V6 engine.
There were around 40-50 QV Potenziata spec vehicles imported to Australia of which approximately 10-12 remain on the road. The limited number of Right Hand Drive versions produced worldwide contributes to their desirability these days as a classic collectable.
This particular car is very special. It is one of the few 75 QV Potenziatas remaining that is completely original. It was sold in 1990 by Brian Foley Alfa in Penshurst Sydney to a Medical Practitioner who drove it for 25 years, running up only 95000 kilometres during that time.
The car was fastidiously maintained during that time and garaged all its life, with all receipts kept. The current owner has further restored this Potenziata to Concours winning level. It has original log books, matching original chassis and engine numbers, and genuine log booked 113214kms.
This ‘Potenziata’ is a Concours and Show ‘n Shine winner:
- 2017 Queensland (Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia) Concours D’Elegance class winner and highest point score (260/285) for all entries (46)
- 2017 Class winner Festival of Italian Motorsports Show ‘n Shine Willowbank
- 2016 Class winner Festival of Italian Motorsports Show ‘n Shine Lakeside
- 2016 Fiat Nationals Show ‘n Shine – Best Alfa Romeo
Genuine enquiries only please
Contact Peter on 0408456632 or email@example.com
This Particular Car
This particular car is very special; it is one of the few 75 QV Potenziatas remaining that is completely original. It was sold in 1990 by Brian Foley Alfa in Penshurst Sydney to a Medical Practitioner who drove it for 25 years, running up only 95 thousand kilometres during that time.
The car was fastidiously maintained during that time and garaged all its life, with all receipts kept.
It was purchased in 2015 by a well-known Brisbane Alfista, and subsequently bought by the present owner, Peter Mathews in 2016, who has enhanced its pristine condition.
This particular example is a 1990 model with the following QV specifications:
- 3.0 litre V6 producing 192 bhp @ 5800 rpm – designed by the famous Giuseppe Busso, the original SOHC 12-valve design had an overhead cam for the intake valves which also levered short push-rods to operate the exhaust valves, quite a unique design, also used in early Lancia Fulvias
- In August 2011 EVO magazine wrote that ‘the original Alfa Romeo V6 2.5 litre was the most-glorious sounding six cylinder road engine ever’ and the British Classic & Sports Car magazine noted it as ‘The best sounding engine, this side of a Maserati V8’. The 3.0 litre version sounds just as sweet, especially at higher revs
- Torque: 250 nm@ 3000 rpm
- Weight: 1285 kg
- Rear wheel drive with transaxle gearbox/diff/clutch/flywheel at the rear to give 50:50 weight distribution
- De-Dion rear end with Watts linkages and inboard rear disc brakes, front disc brakes, torsion bar suspension
- 0 -100 kph in 7.6 seconds – not bad for 1990
Compared to the standard 3.0 litre 75, the QV ‘Potenziata’ has
- Motronic ECU with crank angle sensor, higher compression ratio, more open exhaust manifolds, Alfa Romeo model 164 cams and different head flow
- Water pump pulley bolted on not pressed, no cold start injector
- Limited slip differential, lower gear ratios, heavier rear drive axles
- Higher rated rear springs, heavier front torsion bars, 15" teledial wheels
- A sunroof and the cloverleaf badge on the LHS rear, with white on red indicators
- A Zender style body skirt
- Unique Potenziata darker patterned cloth trim and fixed headrests
- Factory stitched leather steering wheel and gearstick handle
- The instrument panel and overhead switches are white with green illumination